Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Untamed Heart

I am an ambitious woman with big dreams and aspirations. I know what I want out of my life and I am not willing to settle for less. I have high expectations for myself, and I achieve whatever goals I set. I have high expectations for the people and events in my life. I get disappointed when my expecations are not met, primarily because the reasons they are not met is always out of my control.

Those are some bold statements, but they definitely describe me. I can easily see the big picture, but I see the tiniest details as well. I think life is basically simple; things are black and white. The grey areas cause confusion. Despite all of this, I have discovered that I am a very complex individual. Yes, I am genuine and straightforward and the tiniest thing makes me happy for days on end. (Example: I went home for fathers day and grabbed the first pillow I found to sleep with. It turned out to be the most perfect pillow I have had in years. This pillow has helped me sleep better, and is so soft and comfortable. It is a simple treasure in life that definitely puts a smile on my face.) Although I am years beyond my numerical age, I have a very wild and child-like, untamed heart. I feel older than I really am and most people agree that I act older too, yet the true desires of my heart are filled with a child-like fantasy. I believe having this child-like optimism for my hopes, dreams and goals is what makes me successful in achieving what I set out to achieve.

It is currently "wedding season" and I am watching many friends walk down the aisle into blissfully happy lives together. Graduation is less than 6 months away. I will have my first "big girl" job in a year. I have experienced true heartache. Life is moving faster these days. I am overcome with the sense that I am growing up, but I refuse to lose my child-like optimism. I like being a complex, beyond-her-years woman with the courage to pursue high goals. That is what makes me the person I am. I am excited for the future and will continue to have my high expectations. I will get to watch those high expectations become realities. I am ready to take on "grown up" responsibilites. I am ready to continue to enhance the person I am while building my independent spirit. Above all of this, I will continue to embrace my deepest passion in life: helping others. This independent, strong-willed yet child-like personality that I have makes me a wonderful motivator and teacher. My purpose in life is to help children and adolescents become successful members of society. I am so fortunate to have such strong personality qualities that allow me to accomplish this purpose.

I think Journey had it right, "Don't stop believin', hold on to that feeling." "That feeling", for me at least, is the independence that grows out of child-like optimism.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment