Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it all..."

I heard this song on my iTunes today and was struck by this line. I have had a consistent problem of overdoing things and taking on too much at one time (but hey, it makes me happy). Although, it does make everyone around me miserable at times. This upcoming Fall is no exception and I am already a little nervous (and it hasn't even started yet). Moreover, I find myself wishing so badly that I had a clone...life would be much easier if there were two of me. So what is on tap for the fall:
1. Teaching (year 2), 3 different classes (pre-ap ELA, co-teach ELA, corrective reading)
2. Grad School (first semester as a PhD student) - 9 hours (because less would be sensible)
3. Graduate Student Council (after not being involved at the university during my master's, I want to get more involved this year)
4. Cheerleading coach
5. Jack, family and friends

I wonder how normal people do everything. How do people make it all work? The sad truth is everything I am doing above isn't half of what I WANT to do. What else do I want to do?:
1. Teach Sunday school at church
2. Plan out and complete a research study
3. Publish several papers I've written
4. Attend conferences
5. Volunteer around the community
6. Join a tennis league
7. Have time for my hobbies and interests
8. Oh, yea...find time for a "love life"? haha

Since I'm fairly certain we are not able to clone humans (or not going to anyway), I will have to continue figuring out a way to "do it all" and "make it work". Although, I am open to suggestions.

Am I just too ambitious or am I missing something?

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment