Sunday, March 4, 2012

Good for the Soul...

That's what friendship is...and vacations!

This weekend was amazing and just what I needed to feel refreshed, my soul cleansed and ready for one more week before Spring Break. I left work as soon as I possibly could on Friday and jetted to San Antonio (literally, if you know how I drive). When I got there, I met my best friend, her boyfriend and a group of her friends for dinner for her birthday. It was nice and relaxing and fun. On Saturday, we woke up early and drove to Fredericksburg to climb Enchanted Rock and look at the shops. Enchanted Rock was a good time, but a tough climb. However, the view from the top made it worth the sore calves and burning legs. We then went to Fredericksburg and toured the cute little shops for a few hours, got some burgers and ice cream and drove back to San Antonio. A well-earned nap was definitely on the agenda next and a few hours later, we enjoyed a game (and almost 2 hours) of wonderful tennis action. Tennis is my favorite sport and it felt so good to swing a racket again! This morning, my soul was cleansed further by a great worship service, a drive to the Rock, lunch with my family for my grandmother's 78th birthday. I am now back home and have finished two grad school papers. My soul feels so cleansed, work is easy. Better yet, I'm enjoying dinner later with my bestie who is visiting from Arizona.

Now, I'm dreading the next week at work but know it will go by quickly and then I will get to spend four days in New York City (my favorite) and nine days soaking up family and friends. I feel so good after this weekend, though, that I've decided mini-vacations of this such are required at least every two weeks from now on. My heart and soul need the refresher and need to be rejuvenated to make it through the tough weeks. Plus, it's fun and that's what your twenties are for! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment