Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Accomplishments

I'm a big fan of lists! I can attribute this to my Type-A personality and my desire to do as much as possible with the limited time I am given. In fact, I begin every day by making a to-do list. One problem I often face, though, is that I have Luby's syndrome (this refers to the activity of going to Luby's and getting way more food than you can eat, your eyes are bigger than your stomach). This summer, I started making to-do lists with a corresponding "accomplishments" list. I was finally able to see how I compare to what I think I can do, but more importantly, I realized just how much I do in a day! Rather than focusing on where I fell short each day, I can be proud of what I did.

That being said, here goes my summer "Accomplishment" list! See this posting from the beginning of summer with what I wanted to do - haha, it makes me laugh.

Summer 2013 Accomplishments

1. Write, submit, and publish my first research article! (Whoop...coming October 2013!)
2. Traveled to Dallas to see my best friend! 
3. Traveled to Arizona to see my bestie!
4. Attend a wonderful concert that relived my childhood (NKOTB, Boyz 2 Men, 98*)
5. Enjoy a weekend in Fredericksburg with my family
6. Read 9 books (working on #10) for fun!
7. Took day trips to Austin, Houston, and the zoo
8. Wrote and researched more hours than during the regular semesters (what's up with that?!?). Check out my Living on a Writing Prayer blog for that story!
9. Presented at 2 conferences
10. Sampled new recipes (with some success and a little trial and error)
11. Blinked and summer was gone! 

August is by far one of the busiest months of the year. Life gets crazy in anticipation for the upcoming semester, plus it's my birthday month. And, people just get a little panicky, a little anxious, and a little wound up worrying about what challenges new semester will bring. 

Summer, until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment