Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jeopardy!

I love Jeopardy! 

This probably stems from my love for trivia. I'm into game shows that actually require thought, love the road-warrior trivia at 4pm on Candy 95 every day, and love when I get to watch Jeopardy and test my knowledge. Trivia is fun. 

I've always wanted to be on Jeopardy even though I know I'd get whipped (unless all the topics are about books, movies, or music...I always rock those categories). To help make this dream come true, and since I wasn't doing anything else in January (ha ha ha), I decided to sign up for the online Jeopardy contestant test. I had no idea what to expect, and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with out anti-climatic it was.

I signed up, and they gave me a date and time. I logged on to take the test and was given 15 seconds to read each clue and type in my answer. There were 50 questions on the test that ranged from modern literature to history to capitals and countries. Basically, just like the show. There were only two questions I could not answer at all. For the other 48, I could give a fair-try answer. I feel confident in my answers to about half of the questions. Hmmm....now, it's a waiting game, but I'm not holding my breath. Apparently from here, "they" take all the people who "passed" (they don't tell you if you passed or failed) the test and randomly select some people to come in for auditions. After that, you might get selected to be on the show. If you aren't contacted within a year, you know you didn't get selected. I'm pretty sure I'm in that bunch, but at least I can say I tried.

And, I will still watch the show. And keep track of my own score. And get really excited when I earn more than $10,000. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment