Tuesday, June 3, 2014

London Calling - Day 5

Without a doubt, this was my FAVORITE day of the trip. I had no idea this would be my favorite or just how much a certain adventure would mean to me. I was pleasantly surprised.

Today, we went to the Warner Bros Studios where the Harry Potter movies were filmed. How special! In 1998 when the first book was released, I was 11-years-old, same age as Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I literally grew up with these books. I was a junior in college when the last book was released. For each new book release, I was waiting in line at midnight to purchase it and would spend the week after doing nothing but reading. 

I had no idea I would love the Harry Potter studios so much. They have converted the the studios into a tour that includes mini-films about how the movies were made, green screens, and the sets from the movie. You feel as if you are walking through Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and experiencing magic. I thought this experience would ruin the movies for me, but I watched the first movie upon returning from London and loved it more (if that was possible). This was a highlight of the trip! :) 

We only got to spend 3-hours at this stop, which was not nearly enough time. If I return, I will plan an entire day here. It was superb. I even got to fly an enchanted car and ride a broomstick! 









After Harry Potter, we traveled to the tiny village of Missenden for the Roald Dahl museum and to see Roald Dahl's grave. This was the most adorable little village I have ever seen! Perfect English countryside with a precious row of houses. The museum was small but provided a lot of information about Roald Dahl's life, including the fact that he was a routine writer who wrote every day at a set time (just like me!). The museum hosted storytelling which the future teachers in my group loved. It was a busy, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment