Monday, July 14, 2014

Boston 2014

Just one short week after attending a conference in Baltimore, Maryland, I traveled to Boston, Massachusetts. Yes, for another conference!

Lucky me, one of my colleagues and friends is from Boston, so I had a my own private tour guide around town. :) 

Starbucks in Nashville actually spelled my name correctly - big win! 


I don't have pictures from my first evening in Boston, but the next morning we headed to Boston College. Beautiful. The weather was a nice 70 degrees and sunny. We had two presentations on Friday and both went very well.  


After the conference, my awesome tour guide took me along part of the Freedom Trail. This is a tour around Boston that marks important landmarks and historical sites, like the graves of the people killed in the Boston Massacre, Paul Revere's House, the Old North Church, and the Boston Public Library. So much fun and so much history to see. 








Saturday was a beautiful day. We got to explore the city some more after our presentation. Among the sites, this is what we got to see - a gorgeous sunset. 


One of my favorite activities of the trip was when we went to the "Top of the Hub". This is one of the tallest buildings in Boston and gave a great view of the city. I love being on top of buildings and seeing all the sites from a birds-eye view. :)  



My final night in Boston, we headed out for yummy Italian food and stopped at Mike's Pastry, a very famous sweet shop. It was crazy busy, but they had lightning-fast service and we were in line and out in 20 minutes. This place had the best canoli I've ever eaten in my life. Yum, yum, yum!! 


Boston - it was real! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment