Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time is flying by so quickly...

that I may need a net to help me land when life slows down. I say this with a smile stretching from ear to ear across my face. I honestly don't know how things in my life could be going any better. Here is an updated list of what's going on and what is in store for the near future.

I close on the new house April 1st! The very first thing I will do once it is officially mine is PAINT! I'm so excited to have a say in what color everything is for the first time ever. My plan is to paint the main rooms (kitchen and living area) a neutral toupe color. That way it is something bright and elegant, but still simple enough to blend well. For my room, I'm thinking a slate blue color (which will match everything I have wonderfully). I'm still undecided on the other bedrooms and my bathroom, but luckily I have time to figure it out.

My roommate and I have decided to start running and training for a half marathon. I used to be a runner, but have been out of it for a few years. I'm excited to get started again. Our goal is to be able to run the half marathon by the Fall. Wish us luck, we're going to need it.

I will finish with my student teaching early in April. While I'm sad about it ending, I'm very excited to get my own classroom. I'm also excited to be able to substitute for the rest of the school year so I can make a little extra money. (I've really had to tighten my belt the past few months with no income.) I have big plans for what my classroom will look like and how the lessons will be structured. I'm ready to mold little minds and enjoy my job every day.

A puppy has been in my future for many years now, but it has never seemed like a good time to get one. I'm gone for many hours a day (usually 10 or more) and haven't had the time or resources to take care of a little puppy. I've really been struggling with the decision to adopt a puppy since I'm finally going to have my own place and money to spend on it. However, a puppy sitll wouldn't be completely practical as a first year teacher because the puppy would be home during the day without me. I've decided on a solution that is in the best interest of everyone involved. I am going to adopt an older dog (2 or 3 years old) from the animal shelter. It will be easier to train as an older dog and can stay at home during the day without too much trouble. :)

My master's degree is well under way and really isn't too difficult so far. I'm enjoying the classes and expanding my knowledge of education. I'm trying to implement what I have learned into my own lessons at school to help my students.

Stay tuned for some very exciting months to come. :)

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment