Tuesday, July 20, 2010

15 down, 5 in progress, 18 to go!

The master's degree is well underway, and realistically, is half-way complete! So far, I have taken 15 hours (3 last fall, 6 in the spring and 6 the first summer session) and I am currently taking 5 more this summer session. I will finish this summer session on August 10th and will have a few weeks before classes begin i nthe fall. As of right now, I am planning to take 9 hours in the fall (6 directed study hours with two different professors and 3 hours as an acutal class). If all goes well in the fall, and I am able to complete the hours while being a full time teacher, taking care of Jack and training for my half-marathon, I plan to take 9 hours in the spring (all 9 hours would be actual classes). This would allow me to graudate with my master's in May of 2011! The benefit of doing this, is that I would get to enjoy an entire summer with no classes before beginning my PhD. :) I like the idea, but we will see how it goes.

On the half-marathon front, I am still trying to add my 4th mile. It is tough, but I feel like it will happen soon. The Austin Half-Marathon will be on February 20th and that is now my goal. Surely, I will be able to run 13.1 miles by February, right? I'm hoping so! My plan is to be ready to run that half-marathon and potentially another one during the spring, just to show myself that I can do it. I feel like it will be inspiring to my students as well, and a great way for me to show them how I challenge myself too. They need to see that.

Jack has mastered an adorable new trick! When I say "up", he now stands up on his back legs and "claps" his front paws together. It is absolutely precious! :)

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment