Monday, July 19, 2010

Fitness Breakthrough

One of my major goals for 2010 has been to become more in shape and healthier. I have never been over-weight or suffered health problems because of my health habits, but I realized that I could make significant improvements if I tried. I decided earlier in the year that it would be "fun" to train for a half-marathon. It actually turned out to be quite challenging and difficult. That is what influenced me to begin working out with a trainer, in addition to my running routine. More recently, I have started trying to eat more healthy as well. I have not made huge changes to my diet, just small things that make the meals I eat more healthy. My favorite new healthy dish is now whole-wheat spaghetti pasta, with spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs. Delicious!

Anyway, I'm about to finish up my first 12-week challenge with my trainer and I've been wondering if I have really accomplished what I want in those 12 weeks. I can now run a 5K successfully and am working on adding the 4th mile to my run. I was considering measuring myself, weighing myself and figuring out my body mass index to see if I have lost inches, weight and fat during the past 12-weeks. Today, I got my answer without having to do any of those things.

Prior to this summer, the most stressful activity for me to engage in was jeans/pants shopping. They (the stores) just don't seem to make jeans that are in my size, and I've rarely been pleased with my purchases. My biggest nemesis has been skinny jeans. I think they are so cute and have always wanted to be able to wear them. Ha ha ha. I am a thin girl, but I have curves and skinny jeans just aren't made for girls with my shape. Well, today, I went jean shopping to buy a new pair of straight leg jeans (that look really good on me). As I went to pick up those jeans, I saw the skinny jeans staring me down. They were calling me. I thought to myself, "there is no use getting yourself stressed out, so just walk away," but something in me picked up the skinny jeans and took them to the dressing room. Now, usually the problem begins when I try to put my leg into them and can only get the jeans half-way up my thigh. Today, my entire leg easily went into the jeans and I could pull them up. I dreaded trying to button them, but low-and-behold, they buttoned and zipped! THEY FIT! Not only did they fit, but they looked great! :) Needless to say, they were purchased.

I no longer feel the need to weigh or measure myself. I have seen the results I wanted all along. The skinny jeans represent that my body has changed drastically in the past 12 weeks. Not only that, I feel and look great. Yay for fitness success!

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment