Thursday, July 15, 2010

Proud Mama of a Graduate

A few weeks ago, Jack graduated from his beginner puppy class. :) I am very proud of him and what he was able to accomplish in just eight weeks. I adopted Jack on March 6th, at which time he was two pounds and was completely untrained. On June 30th, when he graduated, he was eight pounds and could do nine commands plus he is potty trained! Jack will be six months old on July 19th and we will begin intermediate puppy training next weekend. I am eager and excited to teach him some new commands.

More importantly, Jack's training has prepared him to be a very good dog. Last week, I traveled to New Mexico for my cousin's wedding, so I left Jack with my Aunt and Grandma. I was a little worried at how he would act around new people for almost a week. Even though he knew them, I didn't know if he would act properly or cause trouble. Turns out, he was a great dog while I was gone. He did not misbehave and he was very easy to handle. This makes me even more proud than his success at graduating from puppy class!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment