Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Silver Lining

Every story has a silver lining. I am a 7th-grade ELA teacher and it has proven to be the most difficult thing I have ever done. I can't say that I love it every day. Most days, I feel worked to the bone and completely defeated. I often ask myself if my students learned anything at all. Most days, I feel like the answer is "no". However, to keep my spirits high, I try to find the "silver lining" each day.

I just finished a poetry unit with my kiddos. Tonight, I received a random email from one of my students. It contained nothing but an attachment. This is my silver lining for today. I'm so emotional, that this made me cry. :)

Treats her students best
Runs hard
Awesome
Cares for us
Extremely prettyful
Young.

For those who don't know, this is an acrostic poem, in which the author chooses a keyword and spells that keyword vertically. Each line describes the keyword. 

This made me feel so blessed, despite my struggles.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment