Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wishing on stars, Living on faith and hope

"Starlight, star bright,
the first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have the wish I wish tonight."

Such a simple child's request, but more and more I find myself uttering these words with a slightly different tone and under different circumstances. As a child, I used to say these words quite often, anytime I wanted things to go my way or anytime I felt dreamy. Anyone who knows me can agree that I am, in fact, a dreamer. It may not show because I like for dreams to be reality, but I dream about what I want all the time. In my dreams, I'm working my dream job, nights and weekends are filled with loved ones and fun and I come home every night to the most incredible man imaginable. In those dreams, happiness is the only feeling expressed. However, I am not a child anymore and I know that life isn't quite that simple.

Nowadays, I pray and place my hopes and dreams on my faith in God. Yes, I know He has things under control and He will do great and wonderful things with me. Yet, sometimes, I still feel the wishful thinking of my child-like self take over and I get upset that I don't have the things I want in life at this time. Truth be told, I don't have my dream job. I often work so much at my not-dream-job that I can't spend the time I want laughing and enjoying the people I love. I never come home to a man, and the men I date are far from "incredible". Nonetheless, I am trying my best to keep faith that things will turn out the way I feel is right in the end. I try to focus on all the blessings I have in my life and make the best of every situation, even the ones I cannot change.

I'm finally caught up on grading and lesson planning (but way behind in grad school stuff!), so I decided to be unproductive on this Saturday. I've been reading for enjoyment, something I don't get to do as often as I would like. I am reading the final book in a series I've come to love, despite it's embarrassing nature. It is a guilty pleasure for me and not really a work of literary genius, but everyone needs a guilty pleasure every once in a while. This book series reminds me, in some ways, of what I hope to have in my life one day. :)

I'm hoping to have some updates soon about exciting things that will make my mood and temperament much more pleasant. Stay tuned...God has plans.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment