Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Year, New Resolutions

As 2011 approaches, I am thinking about what I would like to accomplish during the year. I am the epitome of a goal-oriented person; goals are what keep me moving forward in life. I love crossing off goals on my list and feeling the moment of accomplishment that comes with it...you could say this is my life's drug that keeps me high at all times. :)

I looked back at my "resolutions" post from this past year and realize that I was able to achieve all of my goals. I became more patient, maintained a 4.0 and continued focusing on my relationship with Christ as well as people around me. I have never not accomplished a resolution I have set, which gives me high hopes and expectations for my resolutions of 2011. So...here goes...

Resolutions of 2011

1. Finish my master's with a 4.0
I have 9 hours left and only have to make it to May! I can do it!

2. Develop a work out routine and stick to it
In the past year, I have tried multiple routines but haven't found something that sticks. I am really busy and the one thing I am always willing to let slide is my workouts; however, I feel much better when I work out and really need to get into better shape. I received the P90X for Christmas and have put the workouts into my phone as alerts so I have no excuses...:)

3. Retain my sanity as I begin my PhD studies
This is the thing I am most excited about in 2011. I feel like I have worked so hard for so long to achieve this one goal of earning my PhD and now, it is a reality in the making. This is the number one thing on my bucket list so far and I am eager to begin...let's just hope I keep up my determination, drive and sanity as this final academic journey begins.

4. CONTINUE to build relationships that make me happy
I want to continue focusing on my family, friends, co-workers, classmates and students to develop relationships that will help shape me into the woman I want to be.

5. Let go and let God's will be done
I continuously need to let God guide my life because His plans are more than me, more than this life and absolutely correct. He never fails and I can never cease to grow in my relationship with Him. If I do this, everything in life will work out.

I know this year will be the best yet (it seems to be a trend in life) and I am nothing but excited for it. I will continue to grow as a student, teacher and woman while sharing my life with others and allowing them to help me grow. :)

Here's to another wonderful, glorious year...

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment