Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank you, God, yet again

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 4:6-7

As I think about my prayers lately, I am brought to this verse, and realize that God has had a brilliant plan for me all along. With continued prayer, with continued faith and with (a little) patience, I am completely satisfied with where I see the Lord taking me.

I have had a year full of obstacles and struggles as a first-year teacher, but have learned more than I could have imagined. After much prayer, I have been given the opportunity to grow even more as a teacher and use all the knowledge I have learned in the past year. I get to apply my master's degree directly in the next year while getting to teach students of all levels. I have a passion for helping students with learning disabilities and am beyond excited to get to apply what I know to help these students succeed. I never could have guessed that God would respond to me in such a way or that I would be blessed with such a wonderful opportunity. I know this next year as a teacher will prove even better than the year before. I am excited for the opportunity to create new and exciting lessons, teach more than one level and explore new strategies. I came into teaching for these reasons and am excited to be immersed in them.

Once again, I am reminded that I can do nothing without God and that if I will just trust in Him, I will be satisfied while serving His purposes.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment