Friday, March 19, 2010

April Showers bring May flowers (metaphorically, of course)

Meaning, I am about to experience many changes in my life that will bring many blessings in my future. I'm excited, just a tiny bit anxious, and did I mention excited about these changes! So what are these wonderful changes and blessings?

Well, in two weeks, I will officially be a new homeowner! On April 1st (April Fool's Day, which better not be a bad omen), I close on the house that will make me a permanent resident of College Station. I'm very excited about this next step in life and am really excited about having a place of my VERY own for the first time in my life. I will also take on the responsibilitiies of a landlord, which will be a new and fun adventure for me and my tennants. As soon as the closing is complete, I plan to get right into the house for painting. I'm so excited to decorate the walls with my own colors and style. I will post pictures as soon as the house is somewhat orgranized to my liking.

Secondly, in about three weeks, I will complete my student teaching experience. The only thing past that is to land an actual job, which I'm hoping will happen fairly quickly. This experience has been wonderful and I'm sad for it to end, but I know it has to. I've learned more than I ever could have learned in a classroom and have made connections with some amazing people that I hope will become long-term mentors and friends. These people have influenced, motivated and inspired me beyond belief and I am truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to learn from them.

Thirdly, my graduate classes are coming to their end with the completion of multiple major grades. In one of my classes, I have a major presentation (requiring extensive research) and a term paper (requiring extensive research) due within one week of each other in the middle of April. These two assignments will keep me exceptionally busy for the next month and will consume a great deal of my time. They are both over interesting topics that have caught my interest though, so they should be entertaining to some degree. In addition to these two assignments, I have a major project due in my other graduate class. This project is the culmination of everything we have learned over the semester and will take up another bit of my time to complete. I also have a few more exams to complete, and then I will officially be finished with my first semester as a graduate student. :)

The rest of March and April will be filled with other tasks. I will be beginning my running training schedule (again, it got put on hold due to the surgery), completing district applciations for teacher positions and taking care of my puppy Jack. He has been quite an adventure and is keeping me on my toes. I'm very excited for us to move into our new house and begin all of life's new adventures. :)

Keep posted for all of the excitement.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment