Monday, March 15, 2010

Books, Books, Books...

So, I finally had my tonsils removed this morning. Since I am in pain and am tired from the surgery, I'm updating my blog rather than enjoying Spring Break on a beach or mountain somewhere.

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read more books for fun, rather than just for school. I have succeeded in this endeavor so far. The following is a list of books I have read since Christmas (in no particular order because I can't remember exactly).

The Lost Symbol (amazing!)
Pirate Lattitudes (disappointing for Crichton)
Love Story (sad but brilliant)
Olive Kitteredge (under-developed and confusing characters)
Shutter Island (a great mystery, but it still has be trying to figure out the ending)
The Time Traveler's Wife (ok, but I wasn't a fan)
Dear John (typical Nicholas Sparks...so, not my type)
Life of Pi (philosophical and enjoyable)

I try to read a wide range of books from different authors and perspectives. I also read multiple books at a time. Currently I am in the middle of, The Glass Castle, The Princess Bride and The New Jim Crow. Some books are nonfiction, some fiction, some love stories and some mysteries. My interests are varied so my reading choices should be as well. I will share my thoughts on any of the above readings any time, but have decided not to detail them here...at least not right now.

I have also read numerous short stories and Romeo and Juliet for my students, plus several books for my graduate classes and finally, a few random books about education and puppy raising. :)

Any book recommendations are always welcomed and appreciated.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment