Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All Grown Up and Living the Dream

Well, this little girl is officially a grown up with all of the privileges and responsibilities of being a grown up. I officially: own my own house, own my own car, pay my own bills, own my own puppy (and successfully keep it happy and alive), and I have a "big girl" job. I will be teaching 8th grade English starting in the fall and could not be more excited about it. Besides, that "big girl" job, I give private writing lessons and am the landlord of my house. :)

In addition to all of this, I am a graduate student. I just finalized my master's committee and am all set to begin working on a research project this summer. In the fall, I will be helping a professor complete a manuscript for publication and I will write an article and create a presentation. Hopefully, in the near future, I will have the opportunity to speak at conferences and publish some of my own articles. I will also be working on a few research projects of my own, hopefully for publication.

Life is good and I am getting to watch all of my dreams come true before my very eyes. I get to spend all day, every day, engaging in what I love while knowing I am doing good in the world. I am truly living on cloud 9 and cannot see how things could get any better. However, I know that God is full of surprises and may very well prove me wrong again.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment