Wednesday, August 18, 2010

As the last rays of summer sunshine pass me by...

I just wanted to update the blog with the last little bit of happenings and readings from my summer. I started work, officially, last week in the form of "new teacher training" and have spent this week at teacher inservice. The students come to school on Monday, which is less than 5 days away. I am getting so silly excited waiting for them. I have been hard at work fixing up my classroom, planning lessons and basically dotting every "i" and crossing every "t". It has been a ton of work, but it will all be worth it when I see those bright and shiny faces walk through my door!

Last minute summer reads:
I finished the summer off with a few more books. Ask me if you have any questions.

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
The Count of Monte Cristo
Three Cups of Tea
The Angel Experiment

I'm not near my bedside table, so I can't list the authors right now. I am currently reading Columbine by Dave Cullen which is a real-life account of what led to the Columbine Shooting in 1999. All of the books above were recommended to me, including Columbine.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. The book is the final one and I can't wait to see what happens to the characters. It comes out on August 24th (the day after I meet my kiddos!) and I already pre-ordered it, so it should be here shortly after my birthday. I'm hoping I can spend that weekend reading it. :)

In other news, Jack has been doing wonderfully at his intermediate puppy class. He tries and works so hard that it really makes me proud. Right now, I am trying to get him adjusted to his new schedule with me teaching every day. We have a few weeks still before my classes start at A&M, so I still come home at a decent hour. When I get home in the afternoons, we go for walks and play until bedtime. I have to get rid of all of his stored-up energy from the day. :)

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment