Monday, May 21, 2012

Dear College Students...from the 8th Graders!

Today, I asked some of my students to write letters to my future college students. I asked them to give advice to my students about what kind of teacher I am and what they can expect. Keep in mind these are from the perspective (and writing abilities) of 8th graders. They gave me a good laugh and really gave me some insights into my personality! :) Enjoy...

Dear College Students,

You have Ms. Hodges (I think) as your professor. I thought she was a Language Arts Teacher not a scientist?? Well, anyway you need to know that her favorite color is red BUT she will DENY it...and she LOVES to be called Miss, so call her that. Everything else you can find out on your own because you all are Big Kids now! :)
-G

Listen up college people, ya'll better be freakin' good to her! She is so amazin' but she can be mean if she wants to be. Ms. Hodges is sweet, pretty, and young [younger than I thought]. She has an amazin' personality and she is pretty chillax. Plus she crazy..she can be such a teen at heart. But I freakin' love her! She is my favorite teacher and I'm like cereally going to meet her!
-A

You have Ms. Hodges as your professor. She is a very polite person. You will need to know that she dislikes pickles and things that are not perfect. She will expect you to be on your best behavior, and if you participate a lot in class, you will actually love her because she will treat you like a good friend.
-M

Mrs. Hodges she is real cool and she loves Jacob off Twilight, she loves reading, she hates it when you talk a lot. Ms. Hodges let's you watch The Outsiders and Grease with John Travolta. She is the coolest teacher you will ever have. When you are in her class, she let's you do a lot of fun things.
-R

You will love her. She's great! She has taught me so much! Sometimes she can even have a country accent! I'm going to miss her so much. You're lucky she's your teacher.
-M

Ms. Hodges is a very kind, fun and interesting person. Though if you talk or misbehave in her class, she'll get mean! But she is very in depth and loves reading and her dog. She always has a lovely smile and brightens up any room she walks into. Be nice to her and do well!
-G

You have Ms. Hodges as your professor! She need a man cause she's going to be getting old soon. He has to be smart, polite, athletic. Anyways, she's fun and funny. Turn in your stuff on time, but if you need more time, ask her nicely and she'll probably give you some more time.
-T

You have Mrs. Hodges as your professor. She is nice but if you get on her bad side, she will flip. But she is a good teacher. She's very laid back sometimes. She likes people who work. She dislikes people who disrespect. She is a BIG BOOK WORM! She always was her nose in a book. Ya'll will like her.
-S

You have Ms. Hodges as your teacher...I mean PROFESSOR! Well, she's cool and VERY patient. Like oh my goodness...I would literally go crazy trying to teach these kids. They ask too many questions. I won't lie, I ask too many questions. She's weird...like a fruit-loop. She is really nice though. Y'all are freakin' lucky! to have her as a teacher professor.
-L

So, I know you are going to have the most wonderful teacher, Ms. Hodges. So, I'm going to tell you a couple of things she likes to do and what she doesn't like. Her favorite thing to do is READ. She can read even in her dreams even if that sounds annoying. It's really good at the same time because she talks really fast and sometimes you are like "what did she just say?" Anyways, the thing she really hates is students' interrupting her! I know you are going to enjoy her and one tip: in Halloween, dress up as Jacob and I promise she'll get married with you.
-A

You have Ms. Hodges as your professor. She is a good teacher but can be mean at some points if she has to be. She is smart and strict about grading papers. She checks off on all grammar, but she loves to read the Hunger Games.
-B

You have Ms. Hodges as your professor. She can't sing so don't sleep in her class. You need to know that she likes Twilight but dislikes a lot of stuff. She hates sleepers and people who annoy her.
-R

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my classroom and the minds of teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment