Saturday, April 6, 2013

Growing Up

Tracey Quote of the Week: 

"I am the calmest person in my world these days.  Something is terribly wrong." 


You've probably noticed that the blog has a new, refreshed, updated look!  More importantly, most of the pages are updated as well.  After a conversation with my mama yesterday, I came to a very important and critical realization: I. am. growing. up.  When did this happen and how?  I'm not sure.  But I know it has happened.

Over the past week, multiple times, the quote above has come out of my mouth.  I used to think I was bat-crap crazy, barely functioning in society, and struggling to make people understand me.  This week, I've decided that I am one of the calmest and most easy-going people I know.  Things that used to drive me crazy, make me freak out, and drive everyone else bonkers about my personality have eased.  I am now the person uttering calming influences to the people around me.  What the hey happened? 

After explaining all the situations this week that would normally have driven me crazy to my mom, she looked at me and said, "wow, I'm impressed that you didn't freak out, too.  Those sound like optimal Tracey-freak-out moments."  I simply looked at her and replied, "well, if I freak out, that's not going to help matters.  I might as well stay calm and trust that it will all work out fine."  This is when the realization hit.  


Silver Linings of the Week:

I was asked to speak to a student organization.
A student I've been helping with writing wrote me a Winnie-the-Pooh card.
A friend brought me an oatmeal, chocolate chip cookie.
I got invited to present at a conference in July.
One of the sweet babies in my intervention study told me I was his favorite teacher.
I got to enjoy a Friday night off with a girls' night!
Three of my oldest and dearest friends sent me texts.

Life is good this week.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment