Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wisdom-filled Weekend

1. Worry About Yourself

My bestie sent me this video, and the advice is perfect.  We should all do a little more of this. :) 



2. 10 Things I Hate About You


This movie came out and was an instant classic in the Hodges home growing up.  Words of wisdom that come from this movie were quoted on a regular basis (and continue to be today). 

1. "I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" 

2. "What are the two house rules? Number 1: No dating 'til you graduate. Number 2: No dating 'til you graduate." (Daddy's favorite)

3. "My fenders don't really whip me into a verbal frenzy."

4. "Whoops!?!? My insurance does not cover PMS!"

5. "You're 18. You don't know what you want, and you won't know what you want until you're 45." 

There are so many others. :) 


3. '09 is an "Old Ag"

Today, Jack and I were at the dog park, when Jack made friends with an Old Ag.  I started talking with the older gentlemen and he asked me what year I am.  I proudly responded, "'09!"  He seemed surprised and goes, "Oh, you're an oldie, too!"  While I didn't ask him his class year, I assume it is the 60s.  There is a huge difference between 60-something and '09!  When I asked my bestie when '09 became old, she replied "When the 2017 shirts came out!"  Doh!  Getting old is rough.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment