Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday "Cant-Live-Withouts"

7:27am.

That's what time I woke up this morning.  On a Sunday.  Why?  No idea.  I didn't exactly go to bed early last night, but I'm still up.  I guess that means I have to be productive today (and possibly take a nap later). 

Due to the early start, I have some definite "Cant-Live-Withouts" that I figured I'd share.  Enjoy.  :)

1. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons


I first heard this song on several trailers for new movies and fell in love with the sound.  After searching and discovering the song, I fell in love with the lyrics.  This band is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  In true Tracey fashion, I set this song to my alarm (it begins "I'm waking up") and get a real kick out of it starting my day.

2. Mocha Mint Coffee with Bailey's Irish Creamer


This is my all-time favorite coffee.  At Christmastime when it comes out, I stalk up for the year (my freezer is full of it).  I'm also a coffee-creamer connoisseur.  I especially love special creamers for each time of the year so my current favorite is Bailey's Irish Cream.  Combine the two and it's pure Heaven. 



3. Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

My apologies for not taking a picture.  To make up for it, I'll list out the [very simple] recipe.

1 chopped banana
handful of chopped strawberries
a couple spoonfuls of vanilla Greek yogurt
a handful of ice
some low-fat milk

Throw it all in the blender and mush to your liking! :)

4. Kindle Fire 


As a self-proclaimed tech-guru and a researcher focusing on technology, I'm always interested in the newest toy.  Currently, I really really really want a touch screen monitor to attach to my laptop (dare to dream).  Anyway, as an avid reader, I live by my Kindle.  I am always reading two books for fun, one on my Kindle and one hard copy.  I equally love both forms.  This morning, I was enjoying (or trying to enjoy) my latest Kindle book read (The Host by Stephenie Meyer - I'm 25% through and wouldn't recommend it as of right now). 

No comments:

Post a Comment