Sunday, August 21, 2011

Here We Go Again...Year 2!

Well, tomorrow I begin my 2nd year as a Middle School Language Arts teacher! I have to say, last year, I was just excited...this year, I feel excited, nervous and a little overwhelmed! Haha. There are a lot of changes happening at my school and in my life this year, so it will definitely be an adventure.

This year, I will be teaching 8th grade (so excited!) and I get to teach Pre-AP (my level of kids) and the special education inclusion class. I am so excited to practice what I have been learning in grad school while fine-tuning my skills as a teacher of high achieving students and students with learning disabilities. It's going to be great! I am also one of the cheerleading coaches at school (oh Lord!). So far, it is pretty neat...although people at my school find it hard to believe I was a cheerleader. (Is it really not obvious? haha)

Last year, I also finished my master's degree (WH11P!) and will be starting my PhD (double WH14P!) this month. This is what I have been working towards my entire life so I am beyond excited for it! I will only be taking 6 hours this Fall, and decided not to begin statistics, so that I will maintain my sanity. ;) (And, I'm counting down the days to 2014!)

Other than the above, I plan to get in better shape this year. My parents, generously, gave me their old treadmill, so I plan to run on it in the mornings to build up my mileage for the half-marathon I'm running in December. In addition to that, I plan to take advantage of the group classes at the rec most nights during the week. Hopefully through these endeavors, I will tone up, lose weight, be able to run my marathon and feel better all around.

I also plan to continue working on my book, reading lots of great literature, enjoying movies, playing video games and spending as much time as possible with my family, friends and Jack.

Here's to a great year!

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment