Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cloud 9

Woo hoo! I am doing so well accomplishing my fitness goals this summer. The summer has just begun and I can already cross one goal off of the never-ending list...I can successfully run a 5K. Yesterday, I ran the 3.1 miles without stopping in just under 30 minutes. The time is not fabulous, but I just wanted to know that I could do it, and I actually improved my pace time with each mile. The first mile I ran in just over 10 minutes, the final mile I finished right at 8:30 minutes. :)

I am so proud of myself for this accomplishment and cannot wait to add more miles. I had decided that I wanted to train and get in shape for myself. This is the one thing in my life that I am doing completely for me. It makes me feel good and keeps me happy, plus it serves as a release from the stress of teaching and grad school. Keep posted for more successes as the summer continues.

Jack is doing equally well in his puppy class! We have 3 more weeks culminating in his final exam and graduation. (How sweet is that!) Jack can successfully "watch me", "sit", "come when called", "lay down", and he can walk on his leash nicely and sit when I stop walking. We are working to perfect "stay" and he is greatly improving on "leave it" and "drop it". I am so proud of him. He has been working hard and is such a sweet little boy. I talked to the trainer yesterday and she thinks he will be more than ready to being an intermediate class in July, once he finishes his puppy training. So, yay Jack! (Intermediate training, here we come!)

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment