Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fitness Fever

The "fitness fever" has finally hit me...and I think I have Brad to thank for that. Brad is my trainer. About a month ago, I decided I had had enough and I wanted to "be hot by 23". I knew that I would need some guidance and motivation. I'm not that great at working out. I'm inconsistent and either work too hard or not hard enough. So, I looked up gyms, trainers and everything in the area. Based on price, credentials and fit for me, Brad was the clear winner. I workout with him twice a week in a small group setting (there are 3-5 other women in my group). We do 30 minutes of hard cardio and 30 minutes of hard weights. He is able to individualize the exercises for each person if needed and is great at motivating me to push myself harder. Well, I started seeing results from his workouts last week. No, I have not lost any weight (which was not a goal of mine) but I am physically smaller and have gained a bunch of nice, lean muscles. Plus, I feel better. Now, I am determined to workout multiple times a week. I will be taking some free classes from the Rec to supplement what I do with Brad and will run several times a week. I definitely have the "fitness fever" and am loving it!

Here is the weekly breakdown of workouts:

Monday: Pilates at the Rec
Tuesday: Workout with Brad
Wednesday: Pilates at the Rec
Thursday: Workout with Brad
Friday: Yoga at the Rec
Saturday: Off (maybe a run)
Sunday: Total Training at the Rec (this is a full body workout combining step, Bosu ball, jump rope, etc.)

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment