Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Musings of a...bridesmaid! :)

Well, 2012 has started off wonderfully, despite being only 3 days old! :) This is sure to be a year of change and firsts and I cannot wait to experience it all. While I have decided not to set any "New Years Resolutions" for this year, I do have some goals (as always) that I hope to accomplish this year.

1. Maintain the 4.0 and attend/present at (at least) one conference.
2. Complete a 5K and at least one longer race.
3. Go to Vegas.
4. Travel more, in general.
5. Get in shape (seriously!)
6. Maintain optimism in everything I do. (I'm blessed and God has a plan for me to do good no matter where I am...I need to stay focused on that.)
7. Continue enjoying every moment of the greatness around me!

So far, I have seen how just being more optimistic can influence and improve the quality of my life. :)

I mentioned this would be a year of firsts for me...beginning with my first time to become a bridesmaid! Yes, I've had friends get married but never a very close friend. I'm so excited to be part of this experience (and I'm already on the bridesmaid-shoe browsing). Secondly, this year will mark my first time to run longer races than a 5K (and my first 5K in a while). I'm not sure if I'll make a half this year, but I'm going to try for a multi-miler. This will also be a new year of visiting new places. I am definitely visiting Colorado for the first time and I hope to make Vegas at some point as well. I'm young, I'm free and I'm feeling a thirst for more adventure! :)

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment