Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Tipping Point...

Stress has moved into my life like a tornado (appropriate connection after today's weather fiasco). I have never felt stress like this before and I am finding it hard to manage. How stressed am I?

1. I am convinced today is Friday and have a desire to stay up late (even though I KNOW it is Wednesday and I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning).
2. I cannot remember whether I have washed my hair in the morning, so I wash my hair more than once.
3. I keep dropping things and walking into things (like doors and chairs) because I can't focus.

Now, while I do feel very stressed, I have found a few pretty wonderful escapes. (Although the stress is threatening to encroach on those escapes.)

1. Grad School (always)
2. My new workouts (I've lost 5 lbs!)
3. Talking with my friends about healthy food and working out.

I think I am experiencing an extra euphoric-ness (that has to be a word) after these stress-relieving activities due to the extreme nature of the stress. I think I must be going a little crazy, but hey, that's life. All I can do is keep trucking, pray for patience and hope the storm passes quickly.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment