Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hopes for the New Year! 2015 Edition!

I cannot believe it is 2015!
The year of the time-traveling Delorean (sign me up!). 

I have so many hopes, dreams, and aspirations for 2015, and I feel like this is the year I have waited for my entire life. I realize that sounds a bit silly, but in all honesty, 2015 promises to be the most influential year of my life to date. 

Because I believe this year really deserves no more anticipation, I am opting not to make any New Years' Resolutions...for the first time in my life! I love a good resolution and goal to be working toward in the new year, but I have several reasons for bowing out of this tradition in 2015.

First, I feel like I am in a good rhythm right now. What I mean is, I am actively bettering myself continually. I have goals in every aspect of my life: (1) relationships, (2) work, (3) reading, (4) blogging, (5) personal writing, (6) working out, (7) meal planning, cooking, and healthy eating...I really don't need to add to this list. Rather than these goals being large-scale "resolutions" for the year, they are constant. I'm always working toward these and have been for the past few years.

Second, I anticipate so much change this year that I feel any resolutions would be unfair. In all honesty, I do not know what life will look like in a few months. I do not know where I will be moving this summer. I do not know what job I will have in August. I do not know if I will be flying or driving to see my family next Christmas. There are so many unknowns that will affect my future, that resolutions will most certainly fall to the bottom of my priority list. 

The only thing I want to focus on this year is enjoying the change and savoring the memories. :)

Here is what I am looking forward to in 2015:

1. Finishing and defending my dissertation! (February)
2. Traveling to Chicago!
3. Graduating with my Ph.D.!
4. Returning to London!
5. Moving!! 
6. Beginning my career as a professor!
7. Exploring new places! 
8. Saying goodbye to A&M...bittersweet!
9. Celebrating the births of some very special babies and the marriages of some very sweet friends!
10. Hearing Dr. H.! <3 p="">

Bring it on, 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment