Friday, January 30, 2015

Stuffed Zucchini

I've been looking to add more vegetable recipes to my rotation of meals. Stuffed bell peppers are one of my favorite dinners so when I saw this recipe for stuffed zucchini in one of my new cookbooks, I knew I had to try it ASAP. This comes from the Barefoot Contessa and the original recipe can be found here. As always, I put my own twist on it!

Here is what I did:

1. Boiled several zucchini for about 10 minutes, or until I could easily stick a fork through the center.

2. Meanwhile, I browned hamburger meat and seasoned with salt and pepper.

3. Also, at the same time, I prepared a box of my favorite cheesy rice mix.

4. Once the zucchini were done boiling, I set them aside and let them cool enough that I could handle them. I cut the zucchini in half long-wise and scooped out the seeds.

5. Then, I lay the zucchini in a glass pan and filled the center with hamburger meat, cheesy rice, and topped with shredded cheese.

6. I cooked the zucchini for about 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Yum!! This instantly has become a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment