Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's not impossible, but is it a challenge? Yes.

Summer! My summer is going to be a challenge, but so worth while. I just went through my "summer reading pile" (you know, what all English teachers do over the summer). There are 19 books in that pile. Some are small, but many are big. Can I read all 19 books in 10 weeks? I'm sure going to try. Additionally, I am taking 12 hours of master's classes this summer that all require reading of their own. Oh, and I want to read some more education books to get me prepared for the fall. Yea, I can totally handle this. I'll update about my progress and see how much I actually get read between now and August 12 (my first day of work!).

Workouts with the trainer are going fantastically. He is tough and kicks my butt every week, but I am getting so much stronger. I weighed myself the other day to find that I have gained weight. However, my clothes are looser, my muscles are stronger and I look great! So, I'm perfectly ok with gaining weight. From the beginning, weight loss has never been a goal of mine. Our workouts are twice a week (30 minutes of tough weights and 30 minutes of tough cardio). I also want to start taking a yoga class and a step class this summer. Add that to my marathon training and my goal of "being hot" by 23 will be perfectly attainable. :)

Puppy classes are amazing! Jack is learning new skills very quickly and I couldn't be prouder. He has mastered "sit", "watch me" and "fetch". He can walk nicely on his leash. Now, we are working on 3 new commands and a few other things. He has been sick lately, so I'm trying to get him well. He's a champ, though. Oh, and much to my dismay, he has learned how to jump up onto the couch by himself. Now, nothing is safe from him.

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment