Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break is such a tease!

So, after an incredible week of relaxing for the first time in over a year, it's back to school and work. Spring Break was such a tease about the joys summer will bring into my life. :) After this week, I feel refreshed, rejuvenated and re-inspired with a new sense of happiness that I haven't felt since the end of last summer. To say I've had a rough year is quite the understatement. I won't divulge, for once, in writing about my frustrations and tribulations, but I know the Lord has a plan and this is just another part of that plan. I feel assured that He will guide me where I am supposed to go and will make this year of struggle worth it in the end.

I have realized, once again, that I have so much to be thankful for and so many great things ahead of me. Last week, the greatest thing to ever happen in my short life happened. I received my official letter of acceptance into the PhD program, the one thing I have worked for my entire life. I knew the letter would eventually come, but I was surprised at the overwhelming feelings of emotion I felt as I read and reread that letter. I'll be honest, there were some happy tears followed by lots of phone calls and text messages. It was the validation that I am doing exactly what I was created to do and that all my hard work and years of sacrifice have paid off. The countless hours of studying and choosing to work and write papers rather than play and have fun have been worth it. :) I am so excited to begin my studies (or continue, actually) in the Fall. It's going to be an exciting ride.

Besides this wonderful occurrence, I have continued to build new friendships over the break and had the opportunity to deepen and build upon old friendships. I was reunited with my love of reading (not teen literature and not journal articles), and I got to spend hours at my parents' house riding the four-wheeler around our property. Multiple walks per day were taken with Jack and I really had a chance to work on his training for the first time in a while.

Now, more than ever, I am ready for summertime and the joys it will bring. I have yet to decide if I will take classes this summer or allow myself to enjoy my first summer off. My mom and I are planning a trip to New York City (a dream come true, again), so planning for that is occupying much of my free time now. Like I said, I have a lot to be thankful for and to look forward to. Until summer, here's praying for patience and strength to make it through the last few months of this semester.

Master's Graduation: 54 days
Summer Vacation Begins: 75 days
Trip to NYC: 90 days

-Tracey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment