Monday, February 2, 2015

Book Review - Risky Business by Nora Roberts

Risky Business by Nora Roberts


As I have been finishing up my dissertation, I've craved some easier novels. Quick plots, easy writing, doesn't take much thought to comprehend. Usually when I feel this way, I love a good chick-lit piece...and Nora Roberts is one of my favorites. I like that there is just enough intrigue in her books to keep me entertained but I can easily blaze through one of these books in one sitting. It's a nice release for my brain when I feel overloaded with other things.

This story is about Liz, a woman who lives off the Caribbean Ocean, in what seems like a paradise oasis. She works hard and tries to support her daughter, who lives in Houston, after some trials in her own failed relationships. One day, she discovers that one of her employees has been murdered! He seems to be a friendly, yet somewhat flighty kind of guy, but there are no leads on how this could have happened. Next, enters his identical twin brother, a lawyer from the states. You can probably guess what happens next...through adventure in solving the mystery of his brother's murder, he falls for Liz. There is no secret to this novel and the "twists and turns" are not completely surprising, but an enjoyable read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment