Friday, February 6, 2015

Hamburger Soup

Soup is usually not my favorite meal, but I saw this recipe on the Pioneer Woman and knew I wanted to try it! I was home for mom's birthday a few weeks ago and suggested it for dinner that night. Everyone agreed it sounded good and it was!!

Here's what I did:

1. Browned 2 pounds of hamburger meat, a white onion, and garlic.

2. Added 2 small cans of tomato paste and 1 can of diced tomatoes.

3. Added 3 cut white potatoes, 1 green bell pepper, 2 red bell peppers (could have been 1 yellow but the grocery store was sold out), 3 sliced carrots, and 3 stalks of celery. Lots of yummy veggies!

4. Added 3 cups of beef stock.

5. Brought everything to a boil and simmered for about 25 minutes.

We ate this with french bread and it was wonderful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment