Friday, February 13, 2015

Skillet Chicken Lasagna

I'm not very good at diversifying chicken much. I have a few staple chicken recipes, but I've been wanting to add more recipes. The other day, the Pioneer Woman had an entire show devoted to chicken recipes. Of them, her skillet chicken lasagna was my favorite! I made it and loved it (so much easier than regular lasagna!). 

Here is what I did:

1. Boiled rigatoni pasta (she used farfalle but rigatoni is what I had available). 

2. At the same time, I seasoned one chicken breast with Italian seasoning (generously) then cut the chicken into small pieces.

3. In a skillet, I cooked the chicken in a small amount of olive oil. This took about 12 minutes. 

4. Once the chicken was cooked, I add 3/4 a jar of marinara sauce (I use Bertolli with olive oil and garlic). 

5. Once the pasta was done cooking, I drained it and added to the skillet. 

6. I added mozzarella cheese and a couple of scoops of cream cheese (if I had parmesan and ricotta, I would have added it too). 

7. Then, I let everything cook for a few minutes to heat up. 

Delicious!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment